Friday, December 26, 2014

About my workflow

  My workflow, to finish an image, is pretty straight forward and simple. Open the image, if necessary do the exposure correction, fix the white balance, brush away any eventual dust spots and finally do some work with levels and curves. All this I'll do in Nikon Capture NX2. I tried Light room, but didn't like it, so I'll stick with what I like and have, even if there won't be any updates for Capture NX2 (sadly). Try the new Capture NX-D, it might work for you, but in my opinion there's missing, some for my workflow, important tools and thus I use it very little (It's free, so...). Other tool I use is GIMP, a free, photoshop kind of a program, which I use mainly to ad the stupid watermark thingy in my images just to annoy the viewers. The newest tool I'm now learning to use is ON1 software's perfect effects 8, a filter program which lets you to do some nice things to your images, just to make them pop. Mainly it's about filters that you can ad in post to your images. The next image was good, but in my opinion need something, so I added a warming sunlight filter. First some basic adjustments in Nikon Capture NX2, then a added a filter in Perfect effects 8, and finally the water mark in Gimp...

No comments:

Post a Comment