Sunday, October 21, 2018

Dvigrad

  One of those places you read about, you see a few pics and you want to go there by your self... and that's what I did! Dvigrad is an abandoned medieval castle in central Istria. The last residents left the place somewhere about 1700 and ever since the place has been falling apart. Plague, malaria, siege just to mention a few things this place went through before it was left by its inhabitants. Before driving to the site I was pretty sure it will be a big disappointment, just as it has been a few times before when I've been anticipating to see a new place, but not this time. I really could sense the atmosphere and it was a perfect spot for the imagination to fly. It though would have been cool to have a model with me, maybe dressed in a medieval dress, but maybe next time.










    

No comments:

Post a Comment