Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Dragonflies

  Today it was sunny and warm. That means that the dragonflies were in full action. Just find a river bank with a bit of reeds and such, and you are guaranteed to find a few. The place were I went was full of these fascinating invertebrates. With the first ones I didn't have any luck. I even waited for a while next to a perch where I had seen one watching, but no one came. I guess I scared them away. Then I saw one the ground just next to me.

  The next ting I decided to do was to wade a little. Just such a nice thing to do on a hot summer day... cold mountain water and lots of stuff to photograph. Here's one more yellow dragonfly.

  On the water surface in places were there was growing some water plants, the damselflies were mating.
 
  Definitely I nice couple of hours by the river. 

No comments:

Post a Comment