Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Common toad

  When you encounter a snake in the wild you have to be fast and I mean really, otherwise you'll end up with zero photos. What happened to me last weekend is exactly that, no photos. While walking on a rocky beach, I stumbled across this beautiful and a fairly large black grass snake. Just be fast and grab it! That's what I tried, and normally it would've been an easy task, but this time I had a backpack weighting some 15 kilos on my back and between me and the snake there was this tree branch. Ducking down and moving fast forward I was so sure I'll grab it. But no, my tripod, which was fastened to my backpack got stuck in the tree branch. Three seconds and I was loose, but then my shoe got stuck between the rocks... and the snake was gone. Bummer!!! I was just soooo disappointed. I was just about to move on, when I saw this large common toad. Not really what I wanted to shoot or what I was expecting to find that evening, but as the snake escaped I just had to suck it up and settle with a beautiful toad. At least they are quite slow moving and easy to handle.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment