Thursday, August 13, 2015

The big day of Petya and Nikolaj

  Marriage is always a big, but joyful step, so congrats to Petya and Nikolaj, who took this step on Saturday. As I mentioned in a previous post, I had the privilege to make the photos at their wedding. It's quite awhile since I last photographed a wedding, so just to be sure that I'll make through the big day, I read quite a lot about wedding photography, lighting and posing, beforehand. Not that I did catch all the moments nor didn't make any mistakes, but I still believe I managed to cover pretty much everything that I should've. The day was moving on in quite a pace and there was lots of venues to go to, and it was hot. Mostly it was a photo journalistic approach which I used, but we had even a little time for some more intimate images in a nearby forest just one minute drive away from the main venue. Mainly I used my Nikon D300s with a Sigma 17-70mm lens and a Nikon SB-600 strobe. For wide angle shots I had my D5100 with Sigma 10-20mm, and for low light and no flash I used Nikon D700, with 50mm or 150mm attached on (in case some one is interested in gear used). And as a bonus, I used my Yongnuo YN560 mark 4 speedlights in a slave mode, and I  have to say that they worked like a dream. The only problem was that it became quite a flickering every now and then, because I wasn't the only one with a camera and a flash. Hope that I didn't ruin too many pictures made by other guests. Here's a couple of images I'd like to share...


















       

4 comments:

  1. Thanx, and you did a nice job with the makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. har du använt extra belysning i tex bilden som hon sitter på marken? Vad för belysning i så fall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. En Yongnuo yn560iv 45 grader uppifrån höger av fotografen. Jag skulle ha velat använda mera belysning i parken men tyvärr hade ganska stor brådis. Om man vill ha relativt bra blixt billigt så yongnuo blixterna är rätt så bra. Ända med yn560 är att dom är manuella.

      Delete