Saturday, October 6, 2018

Still life is still alive!

  One cool way to hone photography skills is to shoot still life photos. Of course in the field, there are those moments when you find some interesting things or items which for sure can be seen as still life subjects, then you shoot them, edit them and eventually showcase them, but in my opinion it's a different story to make up something by your self than just rely on something you just found by chance, something that was made by someone else. First you need to have an idea, so it trains your imagination. Lately I've got some fruits from people I know, so I've used those as a starting point for my images. It's always possible to use just one item, but I usually try to see if there are at hand some other items I can use together with the start subject. Then I just start building my still life scene while shooting and trying different combinations and angles. The other thing where still life photography helps you is lighting. It doesn't matter if you are using available light or artificial light, when shooting still life you have all the time you need to change and see which lighting looks best, and I'm pretty sure the subject won't come up with any complaints. So next time when you are bored and don't know what to shoot, or maybe the weather makes you want to stay at home, why not try a still life shoot. Here's a few of mine, inspired by pumpkin, pomegranate and grapes...







    

No comments:

Post a Comment