Monday, August 4, 2014

From there to here...

 In the beginning it's enough to have a camera and just to shoot. Resulting images are often a bit boring. Not always, but too often. With the time you'll get to know your equipment better, catch the idea of shutter speeds, iso, f-stops and , much more of that technical jargon. Then you start to understand that you need to think about the composition, subject and so on. Then you understand that most of the first images you've taken were quite a bunch of garbage. You start to rethink your photography and the results finally start to get there were you want. And how long will all of this take? Some people will never get there. It all depends of you as a photographer. How much are you willing to sacrifice of your time and energy to learn the art of photography. For me it has taken a while and still I'm not where I'd like to be, but slowly, ( I hope )I'm getting there. Here's a few images to show you from where I have come and where I'm at this point of my photography life.
                                Not too bad, but could be better...
                                A few years later.


                             
                                Mallards...
                                and a couple of babies a few years later.


My first adder. Definitely insitu. I was pretty scared to go enough close
                                A couple of years went by. This is not insitu.


                                A slow-worm. Really wasn't sure how close I could go.
                                And one from this year.
 More knowledge and know how and you will improve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment