Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Grey herons... nope, but purple ones

  A couple of days ago we noticed that there's quite a bunch herons at a nearby place. First time we noticed them I didn't have a camera with me, so no photos. What I thought they would be, was grey herons because there's a nesting site nearby the town. The next time we went by the same place I didn't wait to see them, I thought they'd already gone. To my surprise they were still there and when we approached they took of with quite a noise. Good thing was that I had my camera with me, but the bad thing, as I said,  they took of and I didn't expect them to be there so I was not prepared to for a shoot. Anyway I managed to make a couple of birds in flight images. Yesterday when I opened the images I noticed that the birds I'd thought are grey herons are actually purple herons. So a new species for my life list.  Here they are...

  Here they are just after the take of...

  One who was a bit late...
 
   And finally the group flying in formation.    

No comments:

Post a Comment