Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Out in the field again

  Even if I love to be out in the field alone, it's always nice to be accompanied by like minded. Yesterday I had the chance to guide Kenneth Rosenlund around in the valley. Kenneth is a professional bird and nature artist. If you want, you can check out hes work from here. We started the morning from a nearby pond. Nothing to see, just a couple of birds and that's it. When we left the place I noticed that one of my favorite hills is covered in fog, so a small stop and a couple of clicks with the camera...

   After half an hour the mist started to get away from the sun and I had the chance to watch how you paint an bee eater. It's amazing what someone talented can do with a brush, paper and colors. Amazing, or what do you say?



  Not only the bee eaters were there, but quite a bunch of red-backed shrikes too and I even managed to shoot one golden oriole.


  When the bee eater portrait was ready, my friend wanted to paint a landscape. As you see you can use a car not only for driving, but as a stand as well.

Mean while I took a walk and photographed a couple of sand lizards and three puppies I found in a concrete pit full of carcasses and gut parts... gross


The day ended in Sofia with few more golden orioles. As said, it's always nice to get out in the field with people who are interested of the natural world.



No comments:

Post a Comment