Friday, May 15, 2015

Smelly, but rewarding photo shoot...

  Snakes don't like to be photographed. Everybody who've handled snakes know that these, mostly shy animals tend to escape immediately when they have a chance. This is what happens usually, but then there are those rare occasions when an individual snake seem not to be too bothered about your presence. I encountered this type of a snake this week. Of course when I found it, it first stared at me for a sec and then tried to slither away fast, but this time I was faster. My experience with grass snakes is that they don't bite, even if they could, but instead they release a foul smelling surprise from their butt hole and the bad guy who dared to touch it ends up smelling yucky and escapes shocked. My friend in the image wasn't an exception, and immediately when I started to move it to a more suitable location it tried to sprinkle me with its anal odour. After the smelly shower, which seemed to last awhile, my hands were covered in a slimy brown solution and a very strong aroma. Nice! Pouring its smelly surprise on me, probably made it a bit exhausted and it calmed down a bit. Under my cap, which I placed on the ground, the snake coiled, and I took a small break to wipe my hands in the grass just to make the smell go away, at least most of it. Then we were ready for a photo session. Because my friend was so calm and didn't try to escape, I tried to shoot it from different angles...





             

No comments:

Post a Comment