Sunday, November 19, 2017

From door to door

  On Friday I had a few hours of free time, so I headed to old town Labin. My main target was the lovely wooden doors which are spread around the narrow alleys of this pictoresque hilltop town. There's just something about old worn out doors which make me want to make images of them. I guess it has to be the old, rustic and colorful look. New doors are not as cool. When you see an old door it just makes you wonder who've used the door during all the past years, what kind of events and stories it has "seen", and what's behind the door. When I entered the old town I was thinking that I'd love to use my 85 mm prime lens, but pretty soon I noticed that it's best to change to my 28-70 mm lens. In so many cases it's just impossible to back enough to make an image of the whole door, the streets are just too narrow. In many cases 35-50 was a good focal lenght, sometimes 28 mm, but 85 was just too long. So, when shooting narrow alleys and streets, I'd say that it's best to use a wide to normal zoom or then why not a 35 or 50 mm prime. Here's a couple of doors. 













No comments:

Post a Comment