Thursday, October 4, 2012

Here's it, my first blog post... it took a while but I managed. Why did it take so long to write for the first time (I've had this blog address for quite a while already)? Mostly because I didn't have anything to write about. I have subjects to write about,  nature for example, that's a great and nice subject... and never ending, but I wanted something else. So here's my first post on this blog, a few images of the Botevgrad  brass band festival, or what ever it may be in English.
  Botevgrad brass band  festival is organized once a year. This year from 1st to 3rd of September, so it actually ended yesterday. The whole party is allabout music, brass music. I like music and it's very cool when you hear these bands play Shakiras "Hips don't lie" or some other pop song in this big band type solution, but that's not why I went there in the first place. No. My goal was to make a few images, to try something else than nature or wildlife photography. This type of gatherings is a good chance to try something else (at least for me, who's used to be alone in the forest). So here's a few of the images I want to share...


   The first one obviously have to be a guy playing a brass horn. I just love how the park is reflecting from the shiny brass instrument.  

On Monday when the whole thing started there was quite a while we had to wait. Yes, the band played but we were waiting for one more band from an other town.

While waiting you can shoot portraits as well. Don't forget to try different types of crops.

More musicians. Those instruments are just so...

 Just hat to take this one. A candid shot. it's always good look what's happening around you.

 A cheerleader participating in dance. Not actually looking at me (she's smiling)...

                                      
...but at some friends of her.

And a last one for this evening, a portrait.

So there's a lots of chances to make images in this kind of events. They are good places to train and hone your skills in portraiture, street photography etc. Just keep your eyes open and let the cameras sing.
This was the first evening. The next day I went again and tomorrow or day after I'll post some more images.



No comments:

Post a Comment