Sunday, October 14, 2012

  Just two days to the opening of my exhibition. I'm not really a person who wants publicity for him self, no, I'm rather in the forest with mosquito's than somewhere where there is lots of people. Yes, I want publicity to my images, but that doesn't mean I want it for my own person. The big minus with the whole exhibition thing is that I get some of that "don't want publicity" too. There's the opening ceremony on Tuesday, that means social relations with people. If I'm lucky there will be some people I know too, friends of mine, but as it's an open event there will be probably many  faces I've never even seen, people I don't know. But what can you do? Nothing I guess. Just don't get me wrong, if you read this text and move around Botevgrad on Tuesday feel free to visit the opening and say hi, the thing is just that I'm not very comfortable with social situations and mingling in big parties among people, not really my thing. but that's just me.

 One other thing which has to do with the exhibition is the advertising around the whole thing. Seems that when I showed my portfolio and asked if it was possible to organize an exhibition, the whole thing started some kind of a small "snowball" effect. Not a big one, just a tiny small one, but something anyway. First they called me from the local television... interview! Great, just what I wanted. Then they had an ad with a short something about me and my better half in the local newspaper (web site). But the best was today. Opened one other local website... again a newspaper... and again little something about the exhibition and... me... and my wife... and a stolen image from my homepages. Good work local journalists! At least they could have stated who's the author of the image or put a link to my site, but nope. Maybe they don't know about the copyright law. Will I do something about it? Njah, just don't know too much about their ethics, so it might end up in more trouble. In the text there were already some funny things I know I've never said, so who knows if they would throw some other stuff in there later if I get difficult, and the faster all this and the whole exhibition thing is over the better. The dust will fall down and the life goes on.

  Tomorrow morning I'll take all the 38 images to the museum and at 17:30 on Tuesday 16th of October they should be ready for eyeballing.

  Just to have an image, I'll include this link here  http://imagepro.photography.com/georgfagerlund?site_id=25961&page_id=96261 it's to the "stolen" image. Not in the paper, but my own site. At least you get some idea what I look like. Oh, and feel free to look the other stuff too, probably more interesting than my ugly face.   

No comments:

Post a Comment