Saturday, October 20, 2012

  Like it or not, the fall is here, at least for a while. For me it means that all the funny critters I so much like, will take a timeout and for the most part will pause for the winter. That leaves me with the birds, landscapes etc. and I just guess I have to take advantage of the possibilities there is, without moaning or crying for what there isn't. Of course one big advantage with the fall are the colors. As the nights will get cooler the foliage will lost its green and instead the bright yellows and reds will take place. That's a good chance for nice brightly colored landscapes or detail shots of leaves and other colorful stuff.
  Yesterday, even if I knew I should do something more important, I decided to take a walk in one of my favorite places about 12 km from Botevgrad. In my imagination I was thinking of finding a Nose-horned Viper, but unfortunately there were none, at least I didn't stumble across one. So instead I mainly did some landscape photography.
   The first shot was taken in a bit chilly morning weather, maybe +3 or 4, when there still was some of that always so nice mist around. Just love the soft morning sun, unfortunately I'm not really a morning person.

    Still much of that green left in the foliage. Though that will change in a week or so. The rocks are were I'm heading.

  Almost there... just had to stop and try to make an image with the sun in there. It's just so green almost like in June or July, but it's October 19th.

      Some berries. Looks like black Hawthorn to me, but don't really know.
    One more berry, a blue one, just don't remember what's the name. Though one thing I know, you can make delicious wine of this berry, at least that's what some say.

           With a little bit longer shutter speed the water continues to flow even in still photography.

    One more image of the same stream, this time I though turned the camera 180 degrees to the   opposite side. Nice light, right?
                                         The only animal I managed to photograph, a Robin.

  On the way back home I decided to continue a small project in Litakovo, which have been going on for about one year now. When I was there at the place, I realized it still was a bit early so I have to go there once more later this fall (not enough yellow yet). Anyway, this is one image I managed to capture.
   I guess there is one, two or maybe even three weeks left of the fall foliage period. Let's try to enjoy of the bright fall colors, it's anyway just a once in a year event.

No comments:

Post a Comment