Sunday, March 29, 2015

My hotspots: Hotspot #1

  Read today a column written by Bill Oddie. In his column,which you can read in the March 2015 issue of BBC Wildlife magazine, he wrote about hotspots. This got me thinking of my hotspots, where do I go for wildlife. It's interesting that not all the places where I usually go, look like they would be places where you can marvel wildlife. So I thought it would be a nice thing to share a couple of images from "my" wildlife hotspots and tell a little about them.

  You don't have to go always faraway for critters. One of my favorite places is only five minutes walk away from the door. At first glance it's just a big abandoned parking place for cars, surrounded by factories and a tiny small forest. Sadly other people have noticed the same place too, but not because of the fauna. Some people use it as a place for dumping their garbage, some use it as a big loo, and some come there to fornicate. All this means human excrement's, used condoms, toilet paper and wet wipes here and there. Yes, people can be quite disgusting! But after you get over with the ugly stuff and watch out where you step you can find some pretty cool animals at this spot. So far I've encountered Herman's tortoise, four species of snake, green lizard, frogs, mice, shrews, lots of different kind of invertebrates and birds. Plus the flora is pretty abundant too. Some images I've posted previously here at my blog has been made at this nice parking place. Here's a few more images from this week, one showing a marsh frog and two images with a green lizard, and as a final image how the place looks like. In couple of future posts I hope to share with you some other places where I love to do photography and watch wildlife.




           

No comments:

Post a Comment