Monday, March 16, 2015

On thin ice

  Driving around and keeping your eyes open means that you can find interesting stuff. Today when searching one house in the countryside we ended on this tiny small piece of road leading to the seashore. Water is still covered with thin ice due to low temperature during the night. There on the ice about 50 swans and a couple of other seabirds were enjoying the sunny spring day. Carefully I jumped out of the car and grabbed my camera. My choice for camera for the day was a D5100 and sad to say a 10-20 mm wide angle lens, not really the best choice for faraway wildlife. There I went with my not very suitable gear for the task and tried to get as close as I could. One of the swans were sleeping quite close to the shore so I headed towards it. So close, but still so faraway... the ice was enough thick for the bird, but for me it would've meant a cool dip in the ocean. So the decision was pretty easy, I decided to stand on the dry land and make a couple of frames from a bit further away than I actually wanted.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment